Sorting Through the Clutter
If you somehow were able to unearth my diary amidst the clutter of my room, then you would probably find something like this...


Monday, March 21, 2011  

Timelines: Great Loves (and the not-so-great ones too)

In celebration of getting engaged, I thought I would start this timeline series so I can walk you through how I got to the point of finding THE great love. This follows on Eighteen.

************************************************************

1999: Aged 19: He spoke with a slight European accent even though he was born in Canada. I had a crush on him for 3 years at this point but I resigned myself to the fact that we would only ever be friends. He was too perfect- almost intimidatingly so. Gorgeous hazel eyes framed by long lashes, strong broad shoulders, and a playful smirk all rolled into an athletic and intelligent package. He also mercilessly teased me (which he later admitted was clumsy flirting) so I could never really let my guard down around him.

We both graduated from our respective high schools and found ourselves attending the same university. Miles from home, we bonded over advanced differential equations and late-night study sessions. He stopped teasing me long enough for us to have real conversations. I started to fall in love and to my surprise, so did he. Late one night at my dorm, he told me how he felt. We were instantly inseparable.

He was the first boy I ever loved...I thought we were actually going to get married. I read this quote once - "The magic of first love is our ignorance that it can ever end" and looking back at the two-year whirlwind of young love and college romance, I can see how how true those words are. It was a beautiful relationship but it has long since ended.

Labels: ,

posted by Jenn | 10:58 PM |
Site Meter
nut-ME-shell

//jenn
//mcmaster university alumni
//laughs at corny jokes
//frowns at rude drivers
//lover of life, vintage clothing, and african daisies
//hater of ignorance, apathy, and spiders

procrastination
online addictions
got beef?
visual stimulus












herstory
<bgsound src="http://home.comcast.net/~aa-phat_beats3/everytime.wma" loop="infinite">