Sorting Through the Clutter
If you somehow were able to unearth my diary amidst the clutter of my room, then you would probably find something like this...


Wednesday, January 26, 2011  

Timelines: Great Loves (and the not-so-great ones too)

In celebration of getting engaged, I thought I would start this timeline series so I can walk you through how I got to the point of finding THE great love. This follows on Six.

************************************************************

1998, Aged 18: Notice the huge break between this chronological entry and the last one? Yes, my father was one of those fathers that "banned" me from boys. How did he do that? Well from the age of when puberty hit to when I was of legal age (and could therefore make my own decision), he put me in an all-girl high school. It wasn't as bad as it sounds, but it really did do the job. Or it did the job until my OAC year (that's grade 13 for those who were not born in Ontario, Canada...or not born at all yet in the years prior to 1986). I went to my first co-ed dance party and that's where I met Brian. He had all the traits that made fathers (or maybe just MY father) ban their teenage daughters from dating: he was a rebel, he had an earring, he was hot. The next Monday, I met my best friend at her locker and swooned all the way to homeroom. She could only smirk and roll her eyes at me. But she was happy for me. Even though she had to put up with all my mushy gushiness for weeks on end.

It was a long distance relationship - long distance for teenagers who didn't own cars. He lived in Newmarket so we talked all night on the phone. And sometime all throughout the night into the early morning. We met up whenever we could. We shared our first kiss outside of the Playdium. But like all long-distance teenage infatuations, they ended for almost no reason at all. The relationship just kind of faded away after 5 months of mostly just talking on the phone. I never forgot how giddy I felt when I was with him.

Labels: ,

posted by Jenn | 10:06 PM |
Site Meter
nut-ME-shell

//jenn
//mcmaster university alumni
//laughs at corny jokes
//frowns at rude drivers
//lover of life, vintage clothing, and african daisies
//hater of ignorance, apathy, and spiders

procrastination
online addictions
got beef?
visual stimulus












herstory
<bgsound src="http://home.comcast.net/~aa-phat_beats3/everytime.wma" loop="infinite">