Sorting Through the Clutter
If you somehow were able to unearth my diary amidst the clutter of my room, then you would probably find something like this...


Friday, June 25, 2010  

I wrote in my last post that I was looking forward to what my 30s will bring. What I didn't expect was how quickly I was going to be able to to see what my 30s are bringing!

Two weeks after all the festivities, I rolled my ankle REALLY badly while playing ultimate. Like - REALLY badly - like 'gasping in pain for a few minutes while rolling around on the grass field' badly. I had to sit out for the rest of the game but I was able to walk by the end of the game. And I've been walking around fine since then. BUT my ankle is still not 100%. I used to have the strongest ankles ever (thanks to years and years of mastering how to walk/jog/run in heels) but my right ankle is still tender if I push my fingers hard into it and if cannot do the yoga lotus position without wincing. That's right. My 30s body is no longer capable of healing as quickly as 20s body. I couldn't believe it. It's actually quite annoying. I had to wear an ankle brace this past week during our ultimate game just so I could run at full speed and now worry about my ankle doing something weird. *shakes fist at ankle*

On the flipside, the 30s me is seeing progress on the career front. I got a promotion!! Finally, after years of being a "fresh grad", my company has finally recognizing all the blood/sweat/tears that I've poured into my work. (Okay, no blood...but definitely some sweat and tears). The official announcement went out on Tuesday, so I no longer need to keep it a secret from anyone. Although my new position has the word "senior" in it. Way to make me feel like I'm in my 30s. *shakes fist at company*

Labels: ,

posted by Jenn | 8:19 AM |
Site Meter
nut-ME-shell

//jenn
//mcmaster university alumni
//laughs at corny jokes
//frowns at rude drivers
//lover of life, vintage clothing, and african daisies
//hater of ignorance, apathy, and spiders

procrastination
online addictions
got beef?
visual stimulus












herstory
<bgsound src="http://home.comcast.net/~aa-phat_beats3/everytime.wma" loop="infinite">