Sorting Through the Clutter
If you somehow were able to unearth my diary amidst the clutter of my room, then you would probably find something like this...


Monday, March 22, 2010  

My dad is the greatest dad to have ever walked the Earth.

My mom died when my little brother and I were just kids. I was 10, just teetering on the edge of tween-hood and my brother was still sleeping in his carebear bedsheets. My dad single-handedly raised my brother and I. He was both my mother and father. I didn't really have a mother figure in my life during my formative teen years, but I was never in need of a role model. He taught me to be strong-minded and strong-willed, yet at the same time gentle, respectful, and compassionate. He taught me to love because he unconditionally loved me.

In grade school, he would drive my brother and I around on weeknights and all weekend to our piano, swimming, skating, violin, and art lessons.

He high school, he always made sure that my brother and I were never in need of anything.

When I moved away to university, he would bring salt to sprinkle on my walkway so I wouldn't slip while running late to class.

During one really bad winter, when I nearly spun out on the highway while driving back to university, I called him in tears from the highway. He offered to drive up into the snowstorm to get me. I wouldn't let him do that, so instead he stayed on the phone with me and navigated me through all the local roads until I had driven through 3 cities and arrived back on campus.

When I graduated and moved into the big city to live on my own, he would bring me homemade soup when I got sick and couldn't stomach anything else.

Now that I'm all grown up (for the most part), I recognize what a blessing my dad is and how much I can still learn from him. I cherish ever moment I spend with him.

Labels: ,

posted by Jenn | 8:35 PM |
Site Meter
nut-ME-shell

//jenn
//mcmaster university alumni
//laughs at corny jokes
//frowns at rude drivers
//lover of life, vintage clothing, and african daisies
//hater of ignorance, apathy, and spiders

procrastination
online addictions
got beef?
visual stimulus












herstory
<bgsound src="http://home.comcast.net/~aa-phat_beats3/everytime.wma" loop="infinite">