Sorting Through the Clutter
If you somehow were able to unearth my diary amidst the clutter of my room, then you would probably find something like this...


Sunday, December 06, 2009  

I asked Jason whether he's a change-adverse person. His response "I like controlled change".

So that got me thinking. I had always thought "change" meant "changes that were out of your control", because I always thought I was good at dealing with change. In fact, I welcome change because I like variety - I liked things to be shaken up a bit when it got too dull. So that led me to believe that change was beyond our control because it was something that you had to deal with - something you had to adjust to.

But change can happen by choice too - "controlled change". And as I thought about it, that kind of change may be the tougher than the change that is thrust upon you. Because this kind of change requires you to recognize that something needs to change, to make a decision about changing, and then to act upon it.

So maybe "controlled change" is as challenging to deal with as my traditional definition of "change". Either way though, change is good.

Labels:

posted by Jenn | 6:06 PM |
Site Meter
nut-ME-shell

//jenn
//mcmaster university alumni
//laughs at corny jokes
//frowns at rude drivers
//lover of life, vintage clothing, and african daisies
//hater of ignorance, apathy, and spiders

procrastination
online addictions
got beef?
visual stimulus












herstory
<bgsound src="http://home.comcast.net/~aa-phat_beats3/everytime.wma" loop="infinite">